Aviation is a unique industry with a need for a highly skilled and professionally prepared workforce. The challenges to recruit, retain and ensure the sustainability of the business aviation industry in Iowa are of paramount importance. Furthermore, it is recognized that the cost of entry and education within aviation is substantial. Therefore, the Iowa Business Aviation Association (IBAA) established this scholarship to provide financial support to an aspiring aviator or professional within collegiate aviation. The hope is that this will help to mitigate some of the cost burdens associated with certification and education within the aviation industry. This award is $1,000 per recipient. 2 recipients will be chosen in the spring of 2022.
- Enrolled full-time in a Bachelor or Associate degree related to aviation or aerospace within the state of Iowa.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Completed a minimum of one academic semester within the aviation or aerospace program and has a minimum of two academic semesters left to complete the program.
- Financial need.
- Potential to serve the aviation industry with great trust and responsibility.
- Great character or professionalism, exceptional leadership ability, and involvement in aviation-related co-curricular activities or community service.
Process of Awarding the Scholarship:
- Download the scholarship application below.
- Each collegiate aviation program within the state of Iowa will be invited to submit two (2) student nominations per institution before November 1.
- The nominees will be required to submit the following before January 1:
- Current resume or CV
- Academic transcripts
- A maximum of 500-word essay outlining how and why they chose aviation or aerospace as their career, how the financial assistance would help them, and their future career plans or goals.
- The IBAA scholarship committee will meet in January to choose the recipient(s) and notify the collegiate aviation program contact of the committee’s decision.
- The collegiate aviation program may choose how to notify and award the scholarship to the recipient(s). An IBAA representative may be present if there is a public or private award ceremony and will present the scholarship to the recipient.
For any questions please contact the IBAA at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the scholarship application here: 2021 IBAA Scholarship Application.pdf